**Written 8.16.15. Less than a month after losing my Love, Bayyina- Mekhi**
So, this weekend has been a roller coaster ride of emotions for me and having made almost all the way through, I thought what better way to solidify my lessons from the Universe, than to share them via a Facebook status.
Here’s 10 things I learned/ will take away from this weekend:
1. The power of truly taking everything, one step and one day, at a time.
2. The significance of owning one’s power, in the face of the enemy, by simply speaking truth and honesty.
3. I am still lying to myself about a lot of things/ living in truth is a full time, 24/7, 365 days/ yr job.
4. People will try to make you forget your pain/ suffering by forcing you to take on theirs. Check them REAL QUICK, before they do.
5. Love is love baby! If you give all the love you can, in the best way you know how to, in that moment, you will truly only walk away from anything, feeling like you gained. In such that, building memories and lessons is always more powerful, than “losing” time, people, and things.
6. Hate can not drive out hate. Only love can do that. Darkness can not drive out darkness. Only light can do that.
7. I am a warrior! That means, I am poised to face many, many battles in my lifetime. More importantly, I am poised to conquer and defeat them. Not the other way around.
8. Being around people who only feel comfortable if they can dim my light, IS NOT what I need in my life right now, tomorrow or ever again!
9. Being alone, is one of the greatest gifts God ever blessed humans with. Being comfortable with being alone, is my willingness to accept such a gift.
10. #TTT Things take time. When the time is right (per the Universe’s schedule), the RIGHT people, places and things will arrive for me. For now, I’mma bask in the beauty of Me, Myself and I! A’se!